Monday, November 12, 2012


Hi everybody!  Christmas is going to be here before we know it.  I don’t know about you, but I love to make small gifts for my friends and while looking through this month’s Quilter’s World December 2012, I found just the right project.  This project is quick, easy, and festive!


A Gift-Card Holder 
 

The designer is Carolyn S.. Vagts for The Village Pattern Company.  She did a great job of writing this pattern and I know you will find it easy to follow.  I will share with you how I made these and you can see by the pictures just how easy they were.  It takes very little in the way of materials. . .you need fabric (2-5 x 9” pieces), fusible web, thread, 5 x 9 piece of freezer paper, and of course your basic sewing tools.

I chose two fabrics, one for the exterior and one for the lining.  You could, however, just use the same fabric for both.  I made 6 of these in about an hour. 

First you fuse your fabrics wrong sides together.  Then make a copy of the Holder Pattern that is included onto freezer paper. Iron the freezer paper onto your fabric and cut out.  You can reuse this freezer paper several times which is great! 

 

After you have cut out your Card Holder you will make a slit in the fabric where indicated on the freezer paper.  I used my rotary cutter to do this.  REMOVE freezer paper!

I

Then you will fold up the card holder on No. 1 Fold Line and sew around the holder as indicated on the pattern.  After you have sewn around the holder, fold down the top and slide into the slit and you have your Gift-Card Holder.  QUICK, EASY, AND SUPER CUTE!I

 

These can be used for all sorts of things, love notes, business cards, favorite pictures, etc.  Just change up your fabric and have FUN!
 
 
Oh, I thought you might want to see the lining.  I like using two coordinating fabrics.
 
There are also other projects in this magazine that look promising! Check it out!
 
Just have fun and remember to create everyday!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment